IP Addresses: An IP address is literally your computer’s address and is a unique identifier, allowing online information to be sent to the right place. We use IP addresses to better understand the customer database. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Site. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information such as geographic distribution of our members. We do not intentionally link your IP address to your personally identifiable information.
Cookies: Contrary to popular belief, cookies do not extract private or personal information from your computer’s memory. The job of a cookie is to record only information you volunteer to us upon registering or visiting the site. Cookies are tiny files placed onto the hard drive of your computer the first time you visit our Web site that enable our server to recognize or “remember” who you are next time you come back. LCG cookies are not tied to personally identifiable information.
When personal information is collected, we will inform you at the point of collection the purpose for the collection. LCG will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except under the limited conditions described under the section entitled “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below.
LCG uses personal information for several to fulfill your requests for certain services, to keep you up to date on the latest announcements or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us, and to better understand your needs and provide you with better services.
We do not transfer or share your information except as provided below:
LCG and its companies are committed to protecting your personal information and do so with certain physical and technological procedures. However, we cannot ensure the security of the information as you transmit it to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. This includes using a secure browser where applicable.
If LCG goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of our assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. If as a result of the business transition, the users’ personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
1. Ownership. All materials and software published on or used on the Site are protected by protected under United States and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, and are owned or controlled by or licensed to LCG, or the party listed as the provider of the materials or software. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. “Masterpiece Yourself” and “Langton Cherubino Group” and other related marks are service marks of LCG and are protected by law.
2. Blog. The opinions expressed by LCG bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of LCG or any employee thereof. LCG is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the bloggers.
4. Links to Other Sites and/or Materials. Links may appear on the Site that may be used to link to other website(s). These links are provided solely as a courtesy to our Site visitors. LCG has no control over the linked websites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked websites. LCG is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked websites or any privacy or other practices of such websites. If you decide to access any of the linked websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. LCG reserves the right to terminate any link at any time.
6. Submissions. Any information you send to LCG through the Site will be deemed NOT to be confidential (”Non-Confidential Information”). For any Non-Confidential Information you do send, post or submit you hereby grant LCG an unrestricted, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the Non-Confidential Information. You agree that LCG is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send LCG for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to you or any other person sending the Non-Confidential Information, and you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Non-Confidential Information and that public posting and use of your content by LCG will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
7. Information. All data and information provided on this Site is for informational purposes only. LCG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this Site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Certain content from third parties may be made available as part of this Site. This content is believed to be reliable, but we do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such content.
8. Limitation of Damages. LCG expressly disclaims all liability for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access this Site as a result of your use of this Site, and expressly disclaims all liability for actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this Site. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, LCG MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LCG BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA) THAT RESULT FROM ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR DUE TO ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION THROUGH THE INTERNET, EVEN IF LCG WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9. Applicable Laws; Venue. LCG operates the Site from its offices in New York. The display of the Site alone does not subject LCG to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the Site from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so at your own risk and you may not use or export any of the Site materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the Site or to the Site materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of this Site shall be filed only in the appropriate state or federal court located within the State of New York. The access, viewing or use of this Site constitutes the user’s express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of New York for purposes of such actions.